Monday, December 1, 2008

"I blame the fish-people."

Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End, 2007. Two and a Half Stars.

Meh, kind of stopped caring about this franchise after the first movie. But whatever, it was entertaining.

I did like the whole "Island of Jack Sparrows" thing, and having to flip the boat upside down.

Kiera Knightley is pretty bad ass, per usual. And you can never go wrong with Bill Nighy!

I played a Dancing Pirate Girl in the Wollaston Elementary School's 5th grade rendition of "Peter Pan," and we danced to "A Pirate's Life For Me." It's a fun song to dance to, but pretty dumb to make a movie about!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really, really hated this movie. Half the time I didn't understand what was going on. But I, too, liked how they flipped the ship.

PublishingMojo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
PublishingMojo said...

The second PotC movie (Dead Man's Chest) was confusing too, but at least they had the scene where Pintel and Ragetti (the Short Stupid Pirate and the Tall Stupid Pirate) wander onto the beach and try to explain the plot.