Sunday, July 6, 2008

"Larousse ran gun for the Resistance." "Which resistance?" "He won't say. Apparently, they didn't win."

Ratatouille, 2007. Three and a Half Stars.

When a movie comes out in theaters, I try not to learn too much about it or read any reviews. Usually any hint of expectation ruins my full enjoyment of a movie.

When I started seeing ads for this movie, instead of paying attention to what it was about, I just thought to myself, "What does a rat have to do with cooking pasta? Pixar's really reaching for story lines now. I do not want to see this movie." At the time, I thought ratatouille was pasta-related.

Later on, I'd started to hear that Ratatouille was actually good! Being the stubborn person I am, instead of taking people's reviews into consideration and actually seeing this movie, I just thought people were crazy and didn't know what they were talking about.

Finally, my boyfriend Tim and I decided to take the plunge and check it out (it was on TV). And... it was good! Amazing animation, original plot, funnyness in forms of witt-ery and slapstick-ery, fun attention to details...

If you need some advice: Don't ever be a stubborn butthead when it comes to seeing movies. Also, have you ever seen a bad Pixar movie?

2 comments:

PublishingMojo said...

I saw Wall-E over the weekend (livin' large, big screen, $4 box of Goobers), and it's great, but maybe the best part is the Pixar-animated short that precedes it, "Presto." It's just a string of gags about a magician pulling a rabbit out of a hat, but it's as visually inventive--and as funny!--as anything Chuck Jones or Tex Avery did in the glory days of Looney Tunes.

Chrissy said...

Victor, I also saw Wall-E over the weekend, and I LOVED "Presto"!! I'll post my review... once I get through the list of 23 movies that precede it on my chronological review list. :D