Monday, January 19, 2009

"Look! I'm sorry about the balls!"

In the Mouth of Madness, 1994. Three Stars.

First saw with my cousin Em because she had a crush on Sam Neill. Couldn't remember much of the movie, so watched it again. And I totally liked it!!

Julie Carmen freaks me out in this! But that's awesome.

The "hard rock printing press" during opening credits is pretty funny! It's like hard rock was the 90's way of expressing evil in horror movies.

How much different would finding Hobbs End be now, with internet, cell phones, and GPS... would this change the story at all??

Sam Neill's not listed in end credits. Was this on purpose? Like, he's just a character, even in our reality, so the reality in the movie will soon become real life? Or, am I reading to much in to this... ?

At the end of the credits:
"Animal interaction was monitored by the American Humane Association with on set supervision by the Toronto Humane Society. No animal was harmed in the making of this film. Human interaction was monitored by the Inter Planetary Psychiatric Association. The body count was high, the casualties are heavy."

I can't seem to find any info on why this was there, I'm assuming it's just a weird, funny thing!

No comments: