Saturday, August 30, 2008

"That's wonderfully sensitive... especially from a man who wears such tight pants." "It forces all the blood to my heart."

Music and Lyrics, 2007. Three and a Half Stars.

I remember having no desire to see this movie when it came out in theatres. But I'd randomly found it on the TV guide one day, and decided to set up a recording for it on my DVR. Then finally one day I watched it.

This movie is surprisingly fun! Lots of great satire about the pop music biz. And the original music in this is pretty good! The movie opens with Hugh Grant's former band's video, which is hilarious, but also catchy!! All his "has-been" music is great, and the new pop diva that he's writing music for is so ridiculous, but also in a hilarious way.

Hugh Grant, who I'm usually not as charmed by as everyone else seems to me, was INCREDIBLY charming and handsome! Drew Barrymore is also sweet and adorable. They have a quirky kind of chemistry in this movie, which was shockingly likeable.

This is a very cute movie, totally turn it on one night if you're in the mood for something light and cheery!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.