Monday, September 8, 2008

"I love you!... I mean, I think we should hang out socially... I have a new ping pong table."

Evan Almighty, 2007. Three Stars.

Yeah, this movie wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be! Though I need to mention that I saw this on an 8-hour flight from Chicago to Hololulu, so I'm keeping in mind that viewing conditions weren't the best, and it was also edited.

But, I dunno, it was funny! Definitely geared toward little kids, so some of the gags were obvious and kept repeating themselves, but there were some genuinely comedic things happening in this flick. I laughed more than I expected to. Me and the 10-year-old girl sitting in front of me were having a ball watching it, haha!

And the story was, like, better than I'd expected. It was heart-warming and, like, actually made sense. And the bad guy got his in the end. And I liked the message from God:

"Let me ask you something. If someone prays for patience, you think God gives them patience? Or does he give them the opportunity to be patient? If he prayed for courage, does God give him courage, or does he give him opportunities to be courageous? If someone prayed for the family to be closer, do you think God zaps them with warm fuzzy feelings, or does he give them opportunities to love each other?"

...Awwwwww!

1 comment:

Ricki said...

This movie was worse than I thought it was going to be, and I didn't think it was going to be that good.