Saturday, September 6, 2008

"We know now we can't beat their machines. We've got to beat THEM."

War of the Worlds, 1953. Three Stars.

Good fun, including all the 50's sci-fi ridiculousness! The RGB alien lenses were great. I don't know what else to say about this movie. Everyone's probably seen it already, right? It's better than the Tom Cruise version, where everyone in Boston is miraculously safe. Go Beacon Hill!!

I only now get that Dr. Clayton Forrester from MST3K was named after the main character in this movie! That's awesome!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I watched this a year or two ago because I hadn't seen it since I was a kid. I remember being really freaked out by the aliens back then.

Watching it now, I realized how frickin' campy it really is! So funny!

Have you seen The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra? It's a parody of 50's sci-fi flicks. Not the best movie ever, but kind of fun.