Monday, March 31, 2008

"Have the Chef Whip Up a Light Balsamic Vinaigrette. Something that Goes Well with Chrysanthemums."

Star Trek: Insurrection, 1999. Three Stars.

I've been obsessed with watching Star Trek movies! After watching all of the recommended movies with the characters from the original series, I've been impatiently waiting on a few people to let me borrow their copy of Star Trek: First Contact.

I recorded Insurrection on my DVR, so I decided to watch it to tide me over until I get to see First Contact. I enjoyed Insurrection!!

Though I must stress that I am not a Trekkie, and currently I'm not nearly as familiar with the Star Trek universe as I'd like to be. I used to watch The Next Generation when I was a young'un. I totally thought Commander Riker was a hottie, and Data was really interesting (and kind of cute, I have to admit!!), and I thought Dr. Crusher was super cool, and I always wore my headband over my eyes so I could be like Geordi. Though, if I had known that Geordi was on Reading Rainbow, I probably would've stopped watching TNG; I had strong negative feelings toward Reading Rainbow, it was SO BORING, but I think it was mostly the wussy theme song that put me off. I know, I'm a jerk. :(

I also watched a bit of Deep Space Nine, and I'm also a fan of Enterprise. Fun fact: Pre-Pubescent Chrissy also had a crush on Scott Bakula in Quantum Leap. I love me my sci-fi guys!!

No comments: